Perfect for Meatless Monday or any other day of the week, these Crispy Chickpea Tostadas are delicious and filling!
When you end up in a dinner time rut, what do you do? I love the challenge of coming up with something we’ve never tried before but at the same time the reality is that it has to be easy to make. Our meals have been a little meat focused lately, so I figured it was time to try something a bit different. I’ve seen gorgeous photos of crispy chickpeas all over Pinterest and decided to make some for myself. The result turned into these Crispy Chickpea Tostadas because, obviously, anything along the lines of tacos, etc. is right up my alley and also stood the best chance of getting my family to give them a try.
Who knew that roasted chickpeas could be so easy to make? Just toss them with a bit of oil and seasoning and pop them in the oven for 20-25 minutes until crispy. I recently treated myself to some new baking supplies including this baking sheet and these liners which were perfect for roasting these up!
I always suggest using a great taco seasoning as well when making any dishes like this, because it will make so much difference! Head to your local spice store to try some out, or try this homemade version that love!
Next, spray some corn tortillas with some cooking spray and bake them until crispy, about 10 minutes or so. You could also buy premade, I’ve just yet to find any I really like.
One of the best parts of this recipe, in my opinion, is this sauce. Who knew it could be so easy to make such a tasty topping! In fact, this would also be perfect for drizzling on:
- stuffed peppers
- taco casserole
- steak fajitas
- or even a salad topped with roasted chicken
Crispy Chickpea Tostadas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and pat dry
- Toss chickpeas with olive oil and taco seasoning
- Roast at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes until crispy
- Spray both sides of tortillas with cooking spray and place spread out on baking sheet
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10-12 minutes, flipping once
- Place avocado, lime juice, and water in blender and blend until smooth. Add salt if desired to taste and extra water if needed for consistency.
- Heat beans according to directions
- Spread each baked tortilla with 1 tablespoon of beans, 1/2 ounce of chickpeas, and a drizzle of avocado sauce. Top with fresh cilantro and tomatoes if desired.
Smart Points per serving: 8
Freestyle Smart Points per serving: 6
If you love Taco Tuesdays (any day of the week!) like I do, you may enjoy these recipes!