Need a super simple taco night recipe that goes beyond the typical boring beef tacos? Try these Instant Pot Chicken Tacos with some fresh corn salsa for a real weeknight treat!
These tacos are quick and nutritious. That’s especially helpful on a busy day. Thighs give the chicken more flavor, but you can use breasts if you’re needing a less-fat option.
It’s so easy! You don’t even have to defrost the chicken if you don’t want to. (Or don’t have time!) Just add a few more minutes to the pressurizing time. This is one of my favorite benefits of using an Instant Pot versus a slow cooker. (Never put frozen meat in a slow cooker! In the time it takes the meat to cook, bacteria can multiply to dangerous levels. It’s a safety no-no!)
My corn salsa adds loads of veggies to the tacos and gives them some flare.
Chicken is a nice change from beef. And, using my homemade taco seasoning saves you money and contains no preservatives or ingredients you can’t pronounce.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- taco seasoning (store bought or homemade)
- chicken broth
How To Make Shredded Chicken Tacos:
- Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning
- Seal an set to manual high pressure for 10 minutes (12 minutes for frozen)
- Allow 5 minutes natural pressure release, then release remaining pressure
- Remove chicken and shred
Cooked chicken thighs are more flavorful than breasts. This is because thighs have a higher fat content.
Use 2 forks to shred chicken FAST!
If the chicken doesn’t shred easily, you didn’t cook it long enough.
Top tacos with corn salsa, lettuce, cheese, spicy peppers, ranch dressing… The combinations are endless!
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning homemade or store bought
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning and add to pressure cooker with broth
- Seal and set to manual high pressure for 10 minutes (12 for frozen)
- Allow 5 minutes natural pressure release then release remaining pressure
- Remove thighs and shred