How do you make shredded chicken tacos?
- It all starts with some boneless skinless chicken. I used thighs because, gosh, they have so much flavor, but you can use breasts too.
- Throw them in whole, with some broth and turn on that Instant Pot
- If frozen add a few extra minutes of cooking time
- Remove cooked chicken, use two forks and shred
- If it doesn’t shred easily, you didn’t cook it long enough
- regular (store bought or homemade) salsa
- spicy ranch
- fresh chopped peppers
- anything your heart desires – these are your tacos!
Can I put frozen chicken in the Instant Pot?Yes!! That’s the beauty and how this pressure cooker device finally wins me over. Frozen meat in the slow cooker is a food safety no no (who wants food poisoning?) but the Instant Pot? A total yes! And it only takes a few minutes longer to cook. Now when you get home and realize your meat is still frozen solid, no problem!
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning homemade or store bought
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning and add to pressure cooker with broth
- Seal and set to manual high pressure for 10 minutes (12 for frozen)
- Allow 5 minutes natural pressure release then release remaining pressure
- Remove thighs and shred