Enjoy these spicy flavorful Shrimp Tacos in a Bowl topped with a cool crispy Pineapple Salsa for a delicious dinner!
I really don’t make shrimp often enough and here’s why I need to add some shrimp recipes to my weekly line-up!
- It’s easy
- My kids love it
- It’s healthy
- It’s good!
I don’t think there’s many more reasons you need than that! Especially when you can find a simple way to serve it up like these Shrimp Tacos in a Bowl with Pineapple Salsa! I love bowl meals because everyone can assemble their own with their choice of customized toppings and I can save the arguments over what we are having for dinner.
This pineapple salsa is just about the easiest thing ever and can be used on just about any recipe you like. I use it on tacos, to top fish, on chips…. really, you dream it and it should work! You can totally use fresh pineapple if you’ve got it, but I like to keep a few cans of pineapple chunks on hand to throw this together just about any time. It really freshens up a meal!
My other little cheat here is the cauliflower rice. You can use a food processor to chop up your own, but most grocery stores now sell it already ready to cook in a little baggies. Saves so much time!!!
I actually cooked up the shrimp first in the skillet, took them out and cooked the cauliflower rice in the same skillet. It’s always my goal to use as few pans as possible to minimize clean up.
So next time you’re looking for a quick and easy meal, think shrimp! And specifically, think about these super easy, super tasty Shrimp Tacos in a Bowl with Pineapple Salsa!
Shrimp Tacos in a Bowl with Pineapple Salsa
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound crumbled cauliflower
- 16 oz large peeled deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup black beans
- 12 oz canned pineapple chunks drained
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 Avocado sliced
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat
- Add cauliflower and cover
- Stir occasionally and let continue to cook for 5-7 minutes until tender
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro and add salt and pepper to taste
- Remove from pan and set aside
- Wipe out pan and add 1 more tablespoon oil
- Add shrimp and taco seasoning
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through
- Toss together pineapple, onion, jalapeño and dried cilantro
- Serve bowls with rice, shrimp, beans, salsa and two slices of avocado
Freestyle Smart Points per Serving: 5
If you love this pineapple salsa, you may love these recipes too: