Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Instant Pot Vegetarian Tortilla Soup
Looking to add more veggies to your diet? This quick and easy Instant Pot Vegetarian Tortilla Soup includes sweet potatoes and fresh onions and peppers for a delicious dinner that’s ready in about 30 minutes!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Pressurize 20 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 1 pound sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno ribs and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon jarred minced garlic
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can navy beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
Add all ingredients to Instant Pot
Add lid and set valve to sealing
Set to high pressure for 10 minutes
Once cooking time is completed allow for a 10 minute natural pressure release
Quick release remaining pressure and stir before serving
Perfect topped with tortilla strips and shredded cheese
- Vegan variation: use vegetable broth, top with sliced avocado and cilantro.
- Double the recipe for an 8 quart pressure cooker.
- 1 pound of diced chicken breasts can be added if desired.
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1679mg | Potassium: 1258mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 16593IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 138mg | Iron: 5mg