Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Instant Pot Chicken Chili
A chili that tastes like it's been slow smoked over a campfire all day, yet only cooks for about 15 minutes! With the help of your Instant Pot and a few special ingredients, this will become your new favorite chili recipe.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 28 oz fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
Set Instant Pot to saute and add olive oil
When display reads "hot" add ground chicken
Break apart with spatula while cooking
Once chicken is cooked through add seasonings and continue to stir for 1-2 minutes
Turn pot off by selecting "cancel" and then add tomatoes and broth and stir to combine
Add lid and ensure valve is set to "sealing"
Select manual and set to high pressure for 10 minutes
Once cooking has completed, allow 10 minutes for natural pressure release before quick releasing any remaining pressure
Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, crushed chips, fresh cilantro or as desired
You can use a 3 quart or 6 quart pressure cooker to make this recipe. If you'd like to double it, you can do so by doubling all ingredients and using a 6 quart pressure cooker.
If this is your first time making chili in the Instant Pot, please read the detailed directions below to ensure you allow enough time to make this recipe.
- When you first plug in the Instant Pot, push the saute button and add the oil. When the display reads "hot" then you can add the chicken and brown it.
- Once the chicken is cooked and seasonings are added, push the "keep warm/cancel" button.
- Put the lid on and ensure the valve on top is set to "sealing".
- Next, push manual and adjust to high pressure if needed/if your pot has that functionality (this is the default function for pressure cooking).
- Use the "+/-" buttons to adjust the time to read 10 for 10 minutes.
- The pot will beep then read on. This means it's coming to pressure which can take 10-15 minutes.
- Once it starts cooking the timer will come on and count down from 10 to 0.
- Once cooking is complete, the display will read "L 0:00" and the timer will start counting up. Allow this to reach 10:00 minutes before releasing any remaining pressure.
Calories: 181kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 774mg | Potassium: 852mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 680IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 3mg