Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
If you could make homemade mac and cheese in less time than it takes to make that stuff from a box, would you? This Instant Pot Mac and Cheese is so quick and easy and uses REAL cheese and will certainly become your go-to recipe from here until forever!
- 8 oz elbow noodles
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz shredded colby jack cheese
- 6 oz evaporated milk
Add noodles, broth and seasonings to Instant Pot
Cover, seal and set to high pressure for 3 minutes
Once cooking is completed perform quick release
Add cheese and milk and stir until melted and smooth
- You can sub out the noodles for shells or other favorite shapes. Cooking time should be adjusted to half of what is listed in the stove top directions. For partial minutes, round down.
- Cheese should be shredded from block rather than using bagged shredded cheese for best results. Other varieties may be used, see blog post for more suggestions.
- Make this dish vegetarian by subbing out the chicken broth for veggie broth or water
- If an excessive amount of water remains after noodles are cooked, be sure to drain. Only 2-3 tablespoons should remain.
Calories: 388kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 941mg | Potassium: 394mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 383IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 324mg | Iron: 1mg