Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Instant Pot Turkey Tortilla Soup
- 8 oz leftover turkey chopped into bite sized pieces
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn kernels
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup sweet onion peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh jalapeno diced, ribs and seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 4 oz salad topper tortilla strips
Add all ingredients except for tortilla strips to Instant Pot and stir to combine
Cover, seal and set to high pressure for 8 minutes
Allow 10 minute natural pressure release then turn valve to release remaining pressure
Serve each bowl with a handful of tortilla strips and topped with cheese, sour cream, cilantro or plain - however you prefer!
- To make half of a recipe to serve 1-2 people, I would suggest making the whole recipe up to the point you add broth, dividing in half, and storing half in a freezer bag to cook later. That way you prep once and eat twice! Use a 2-3 quart slow cooker if making half.
- To double, simply double all of the ingredients (you can use the serving size slider in the recipe card below) and use a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Feel free to sub store-bought taco seasoning in place of homemade.
- Look for frozen corn labeled as "sweet" or "super-sweet" for best results.
Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1309mg | Potassium: 614mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 855IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2mg