Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Air Fryer Chicken Sandwich
Craving a tasty chicken sandwich but maybe one that's a little healthier, doesn't require any deep frying and one without the need to make a trip through a drive-thru? This one is quick to make at home in the air fryer and can easily be gluten and dairy-free!
- 1 large chicken breast 10-12 oz
- 1/2 cup pickle juice from jarred pickles
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk dairy free if desired
- 1 oz panko breadcrumbs gluten free if desired
- 1 oz potato chips
- 1 teaspoon homemade cajun seasoning
Cut chicken breast in half and use meat mallet to pound down to an even thickness of about 1/2 - 3/4 inch
Place chicken in pickle juice and place in fridge for at least 60 minutes to marinate
Whisk together egg and milk in one bowl and set aside
Crush chips, breadcrumbs and seasoning in a food processor until you have fine crumbs, set aside in second shallow bowl
Remove chicken from brine and coat in egg mixture then breadcrumb mixture ensuring chicken is completely coated
Spray chicken well with cooking spray and place in air fryer basket
Cook at 380 degrees for 8 minutes, flip and continue cooking until internal temp of chicken is 165 degrees F (about 8 more minutes)
Serve on buns topped with pickles and mayo or as desired
- nutrition is calculated for the chicken patty only. Any buns or toppings will impact the nutritional values.
- while it's not possible to completely replicate the texture of deep fried in the air fryer, this is a great alternative. If you lose some breading while flipping feel free to press a little more into the chicken before finishing the cooking time
- you can use regular milk and panko breadcrumbs or dairy-free and/or gluten-free options if desired.
Calories: 387kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 192mg | Sodium: 1295mg | Potassium: 963mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 687IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 2mg