If you ever needed a reason to buy an air fryer, this is it! You are only 4 ingredients and a few minutes away from Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp which makes a delicious appetizer or a quick snack or dinner!
One of the easiest things to make, yet one that I think people can get easily intimidated by, is shrimp! So, if you’ve ever wanted to dive into making a delicious shrimp appetizer, without worrying that the dish won’t turn out, then this Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp is for you! Besides, who doesn’t love pretty much anything wrapped in bacon?
Starting with how to choose shrimp:
If you have a reputable fish market, that’s the best place to start. But, if you are like me and live in a landlocked state where fish is not easily obtained or popular….
- frozen generally works best and is easy to keep on hand
- I like to choose a large to jumbo size so that it doesn’t overcook to quickly
- since I like to save as much time as possible, I chose a peeled and deveined version
- you can quickly rinse them in cold water to thaw with no issues
How do you cook shrimp in the air fryer?
You can cook all kinds of shrimp in the air fryer, anything from breaded shrimp to a lightly sauced shrimp, but I must say, these bacon wrapped shrimp are one of my favorites. A few tips to help you cook these shrimp quickly and easily:
- Keep them in a mostly single layer, so that the air can flow around them and the bacon will have the chance to crisp up
- For the bacon to cook as quickly as the shrimp will, make sure you use a thin cut bacon (center cut will work well) and don’t wrap it around multiple times
- A very light coating of oil is all you will need, just enough for the seasoning to stick and the shrimp to brown
- You can cook these up ahead of time and serve cold if desired
- These would be delicious with any kind of mayo based dipping sauce
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 8 oz large shrimp thawed, peeled, deveined, tail-off
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning blend
- 8 slices center cut bacon
- Toss shrimp in bowl with oil and seasoning
- Cut bacon slices in half widthwise then lengthwise
- Wrap one piece of the bacon around each piece of shrimp and place seam side down in single layer in air fryer
- Cook in air fryer at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-8 minutes, flipping once, until shrimp is cooked through and bacon is slightly crispy