A summertime staple and a childhood favorite! It can be tricky to cook it just right on the stove or the grill, but Instant Pot Corn on the Cob comes out perfect every single time!
There’s something about corn on the cob that screams summer, barbecues and total relaxation! The only problem is, knowing how to cook it just right. How long does it need to boil? Does it need to go on the grill before or after the burgers? Can I microwave it? All of these are good options for cooking it up, but Instant Pot Corn on the Cob comes out perfectly every time without the stress! Just set it, let it do it’s thing, and when the rest of dinner is ready you corn on the cob will be too! Now that is a summer dinner that all of us can enjoy!
How do you make corn on the cob in the Instant Pot?
Just a few simple steps will have you on your way to perfectly cooked corn on the cob in no time with no fuss!
- Remove all silks and husks from corn cobs
- Add water to bottom of pot
- Add trivet and place cleaned corn on top
- Set on high pressure for 2 minutes
Once it’s done, you can let it sit on keep warm until the rest of your food is ready. Then add butter, salt or whatever you prefer on your corn.
Why is the Instant Pot better for cooking corn on the cob?
I like this method because it’s no fuss! No worries about watching for the water to boil so that you can time it. No worries about the grill not staying the right temp and ending up with over or under cooked corn. This is super fast and totally predictable and leaves you with tender crisp corn kernels every single time.
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- 6 pieces corn on the cob
- 1 cup water
- Add water to bottom of pressure cooker
- Add trivet (I used the one that came with my pressure cooker) and place corn on top
- Cover and seal and set to high pressure for 2 minutes
- Perform quick release once done and carefully remove corn to a bowl (use tongs)
- Top with butter and salt or your choice of toppings
Corn on the cob goes perfectly with BBQ ribs for the perfect summer meal!