Love bacon wrapped jalapeños but tired of inconsistent or soggy results? Make them in the air fryer instead!
This recipe will show you how easy it is to make these tasty treats with minimal effort and time investment on your part. And because they are cooked in an air fryer, they come out crispy every single time – no more soggy or burnt food! What are you waiting for? Follow this guide for making perfect bacon wrapped jalapeños in your air fryer every time.
EASE: Super easy. Hardest part is wrapping bacon.
PROS: So much flavor!
CONS: You might eat too many!
WOULD I MAKE THIS AGAIN? Yes. My kids devoured these.
My family loves a good appetizer! But while we enjoy serving up your average cheese sticks or spinach artichoke dip, sometimes you just want to have a delicious snack that’s loved by everyone and elevates the food to the next level. That’s where these bacon wrapped jalapeños come in! And while the taste may be next level, the work is downright simple.
Just a few ingredients
Important Ingredient Notes
Look for jalapeño peppers that are firm and fresh, with no soft spots or wrinkled skin.
Go for whipped cream cheese as it will be easier to work with and you won’t have to set it out ahead of time to soften.
For ease, I’ve used dried cilantro in the recipe but feel free to use fresh!
When buying bacon, I prefer a brand like Coleman that doesn’t have any added sugar. It cooks better and is better for you!
Tips & Tricks
- Use gloves when cutting jalapeños! That juice will stay on your skin all day no matter how many times you wash your hands. Trust me, you don’t want to forget and rub your eye later!
- You can use any variety of frozen corn kernels, but I really love the crisp and sweet variety. Be sure to set out to thaw for a bit (or place in fridge overnight) before using.
- No need to flip jalapeños in air fryer, the air will move around and cook them from all sides, leaving you with perfectly cooked peppers and bacon.
Making Bacon Wrapped Jalapeños in the Air Fryer
The beauty of making these in the air fryer is that they are sitting in a basket with air flow on all sides. This means that all the bacon gets crispy and the bottoms never get soggy.
One key to success is ensuring you leave a little space between each pepper. If you have a small air fryer you may need to work in batches.
for your air fryer
More easy appetizers!
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
- 6 jalapeño peppers
- 2 oz cream cheese softened to room temp
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon goat cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 slices bacon
- Spray air fryer basket with avocado oil spray
- Cut jalapeños in half lengthwise and remove ribs and seeds
- In a small bowl mix together corn, cream cheese, mayo, goat cheese and seasonings
- Fill each jalapeño half with the corn filling
- Cut each slice of bacon in half and then cut each half lengthwise
- Wrap each jalapeño with a slice of bacon and place in air fryer basket in single layer
- Cook at 380 degrees for 10-12 minutes until bacon is crispy and pepper is tender
- use gloves when cutting jalapeños and be careful not to touch your face
- use whipped cream cheese for even easier prep
- to thaw corn, leave in fridge overnight, on counter for 1 hour, or use the defrost mode on microwave, checking it every minute until defrosted but not heated