If you’re craving a fresh baked pizza but don’t want the hassle? Try the air fryer! This Air Fryer Margherita Pizza rivals my favorite pizza place and is so easy and cooks in minutes!
Remember the Cast Iron Margherita Pizza we made the other day? Well, it got me to thinking (or maybe just craving) more ways to get pizza on the table without the hassle! I just got a new air fryer because I wanted one with a larger capacity and I figured it was worth a try to see how a pizza would turn out. The good news is it worked perfectly! This Air Fryer Margherita Pizza is going to become a new regular at my house! Perfect for a one person lunch or make a couple to share for dinner! They are quick and easy so you can make as many as you want!
Of course you can always make your own crust, but I like to keep a few of the good quality frozen crusts that I get at the grocery store on hand (Trader Joe’s has good pizza crust too). Then with a few simple toppings you can cure your pizza craving in no time.
How do you air fry pizza?
I’m sure there are different methods, but I found it pretty simple to roll out my dough like normal and put it right into the air fryer with the toppings. This requires dough that’s not too super thin, maybe about 1/4 inch thick at least.
You also need to consider your toppings to ensure they will either cook quickly or are pre-cooked as to not overcook the crust or let anything get soggy.
What’s on a margherita pizza?
I chose margherita not only because it’s my favorite, but also because there’s no pre-cooking of toppings necessary! All you need is:
- olive oil
- crushed tomatoes
- mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil
Nothing else to it! While I love crazy pizza combos from time to time, sometimes the simple things in life can be the best.
Air Fryer Margherita Pizza
- 8 oz prepared pizza dough if frozen thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella pearls or cut into small pieces
- 1 oz shredded Italian cheese blend
- fresh basil for topping
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees
- Roll out pizza dough on lightly floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick
- Drizzle dough with oil then spread with tomatoes and top with cheeses
- Place in air fryer for 6-8 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted and has just a few crispy spots
- Cut 2-3 leaves of basil into tiny strips and add to top of pizza
- Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing