A quick and simple chicken dish that the whole family will love! Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken is sweet and tangy and pairs perfectly with rice and veggies for a wholesome dinner.
We all need a go-to meal and this is one that I make a lot at my house. With a daughter that won’t touch anything with red sauce, it makes it hard to make chili and spaghetti and things like that. But any food with an Asian type sauce that is served with rice? Always a hit! I like this Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken because I almost always have all of the ingredient on hand and I can make it even in a pinch because it’s so quick and easy! Try it out with your family and see if it becomes a new favorite at your house too!
How do you make honey garlic chicken sauce?
My quick and easy go to for making a honey garlic sauce is a mix of:
- soy sauce for the savory and salty kick
- honey for the sweetness
- little blackberry jam for some extra flavor
- minced garlic plus garlic powder because, obviously, garlic!
- and some chili garlic sauce for a little heat
- the chicken broth is necessary to add enough liquid for the Instant Pot to work
Can I use chicken thighs instead?
Yes! Either chicken thighs or chicken breasts can be used in this recipe. If using thighs, add 2 minutes of cooking time.
You could also use whole pieces of chicken instead of dicing it up. Again, add 2 minutes to the cooking time and then shred when done cooking.
Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons seedless blackberry jam
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Chop chicken into tiny bite sized pieces and add to Instant Pot
- Whisk together remaining ingredients except for cornstarch and pour over chicken
- Cover, seal and set to high pressure for 10 minutes
- Allow 5 minute natural pressure release then perform quick release
- Mix cornstarch with equal amount of water until smooth
- Turn pot to sauce and cornstarch slurry
- Let simmer until thickened and serve over steam rice or as desired