What kind of potato chips do you need to make air fryer potato chip chicken?Good news! Pretty much any kind!! I am partial to kettle chips because they are thicker, make a courser crumb and come in lots of delicious flavors. I’ve made this with plain chips, honey mustard flavor and white cheddar. Just make sure to take a taste or two of the chip you choose and make the decision on whether it has enough flavor on its own or if you’d like to add a spoonful of seasoning blend. Taste testing potato chips, tough job, I know.
How long do you air fry a chicken breast?I just love how easy this chicken is to make. A few notes about how it comes together.
- Buy the chicken tenders or thin sliced chicken for this recipe instead of the big huge chicken breasts. In this case, the chicken will cook faster, more evenly, and will be done before the potato chips burn.
- The chicken will take around 10-15 minutes depending on thickness. It’s important when cooking meat and especially chicken to check the internal temperature to know when it’s done properly. It only takes a few seconds, and once you finally start doing this when cooking meat, you are going to be so much happier with the results.
- Have one container with the eggs, one with the crushed chips and just create a quick little assembly line. Use tongs to keep from poking the chicken and just move it along the line from egg to chips to air fryer.
Tools you need to make air fryer potato chip chicken:air-fryer bacon wrapped brussels sprouts!
Air Fryer Potato Chip ChickenPrint Pin Rate
- 1 pound thin sliced chicken breasts (or tenders)
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces kettle potato chips, any flavor
- 1 teaspoon all purpose seasoning, optional
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees
- Spray basket of air fryer with non-stick spray
- Using a wide shallow dish beat eggs
- Add chips to a second dish or baggie and crush until fine, using rolling pin or the side of a glass
- Dip each piece of chicken into beaten egg to coat then into chips
- Make sure all sides coated by chips and add to air fryer basket
- Cook for about 7-8 minutes and flip
- Cook for another 7-8 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temp of 165 degrees F and chips are browned and crispy