Think a crispy juicy chicken breast is a lot of work? Not when it only takes 3 simple ingredients and an air fryer!! This air fryer potato chip chicken is likely to become a new family favorite because it’s so tasty and so easy! Using the air fryer has been one of my favorite ways to make chicken lately!
Let’s just be honest. If I was stranded on a desert island and could only choose one snack, it’s probably going to be potato chips. I might be tempted to sound like I make better decisions and choose something like carrot sticks or grapes, but let’s keep it real here. I’m a pretty big fan of potato chips and I’m okay with that. So much so, in fact, I found a way to incorporate potato chips into a recipe that could actually be dinner!! I’m feeling pretty smart right now, and I’m hoping you will think this is a pretty good idea as well. Air Fryer Potato Chip Chicken is easy, quick and simple and can be eaten in so many different ways.
What kind of potato chips do you need to make air fryer potato chip chicken?
Good news! Pretty much any kind!! I am partial to kettle chips because they are thicker, make a courser crumb and come in lots of delicious flavors. I’ve made this with plain chips, honey mustard flavor and white cheddar. Just make sure to take a taste or two of the chip you choose and make the decision on whether it has enough flavor on its own or if you’d like to add a spoonful of seasoning blend. Taste testing potato chips, tough job, I know.
How long do you air fry a chicken breast?
I just love how easy this chicken is to make. A few notes about how it comes together.
- Buy the chicken tenders or thin sliced chicken for this recipe instead of the big huge chicken breasts. In this case, the chicken will cook faster, more evenly, and will be done before the potato chips burn.
- The chicken will take around 10-15 minutes depending on thickness. It’s important when cooking meat and especially chicken to check the internal temperature to know when it’s done properly. It only takes a few seconds, and once you finally start doing this when cooking meat, you are going to be so much happier with the results.
- Have one container with the eggs, one with the crushed chips and just create a quick little assembly line. Use tongs to keep from poking the chicken and just move it along the line from egg to chips to air fryer.
Keep in mind depending on the size of your air fryer you may have to make this potato chip chicken in batches. Be sure you don’t crowd it so that it will brown up on all sides. Also smart (and the part I forgot the first time I made this), spray the basket with a little non-stick spray first. Makes it easier to get the chicken back out.
Tools you need to make air fryer potato chip chicken:
Love air fryer recipes? You should try out my air-fryer bacon wrapped brussels sprouts!
Air Fryer Potato Chip ChickenPrint Pin Rate Add to Menu Plan Go to Menu Plan
- 1 pound thin sliced chicken breasts (or tenders)
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces kettle potato chips, any flavor
- 1 teaspoon all purpose seasoning, optional
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees
- Spray basket of air fryer with non-stick spray
- Using a wide shallow dish beat eggs
- Add chips to a second dish or baggie and crush until fine, using rolling pin or the side of a glass
- Dip each piece of chicken into beaten egg to coat then into chips
- Make sure all sides coated by chips and add to air fryer basket
- Cook for about 7-8 minutes and flip
- Cook for another 7-8 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temp of 165 degrees F and chips are browned and crispy