No oil and no deep fryer needed! Easy Air fryer chicken wings are a healthier version of your favorite bar and grill treat. These chicken wings are so easy to make at home! For my air fryer garlic parmesan wings, click here!
It’s time to ditch the deep fried version and get on over to the air fryer version! These Easy Air Fryer Chicken Wings only require two steps and two ingredients. You can now enjoy buffalo chicken wings again without stress or guilt! I’ve been hooked on creating air fryer recipes since I made these bacon wrapped Brussels sprouts, and these chicken wings were next on my list. Basically, anything I can do to make the recipes I love, but make them at home, and make them easy, and I’m game to try it!
Steps to making air fryer chicken wings:
- Place chicken wings in air fryer basket (no oil or anything else needed)
- Cook at 380 degrees for about 25 minutes
- Turn up the heat to 400 and cook until crispy, about 5 more minutes
- Remove and toss with favorite sauce
It’s really that easy to make chicken wings at home! Now, I love buffalo chicken wings, but obviously, feel free to choose your favorite sauce.
Common questions/tips about making your own chicken wings:
- Can I make baked chicken wings instead? YES! You will need to toss them with oil, though. Bake on a wire rack over a cookie sheet at 400 degrees for about 45-60 minutes.
- Are you sure I don’t need oil if making in the air fryer? Yep! No oil and no flour needed at all and they will get perfectly crispy. I did flip them once halfway through cooking to make sure they got evenly crispy
- How do I prepare the wings for cooking? Wings come in three parts, the tip, the wing and the drumette. I was able to purchase the already trimmed version that has these parts separate and the tip discarded, I’d recommend this!
What do I need for making chicken wings?
- An air fryer. I haven’t tried any others, so I can’t say for sure what’s best, but I bought this one at Walmart on a whim one day and I’ve been happy with it, but it is kind of small.
- Buffalo wing sauce – test them out and find your favorite! I love Sweet Baby Ray’s, or, when I can find it, Ott’s.
- Tongs – makes easy work of not having to touch raw chicken or get sauce all over when tossing. I have 3 pairs of tongs because I use them all day long in the kitchen.
Easy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings (split, drumettes and wings only)
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- Place chicken wings in one layer in air fryer (you may need to do in batches depending on size of air fryer)
- Cook at 380 degrees for 25 minutes, flipping once
- Turn heat to 400 degrees and cook for 5 minutes until chicken is fully done and skin is crispy
- Add sauce and wings to bowl and toss to coat
And if you can’t get enough wings, don’t forget to try my garlic parmesan version too!