For a quick and easy yet delicious family meal make these simple Crispy Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs. You are just a few ingredients away from an amazing meal.
When you think about getting back to the basics of good old family dinners around the table, does anything seem more fitting than a piece of juicy, crispy chicken? The reality is that in today’s world we just don’t always have time for those old fashioned dinners that took hours to prepare and were enjoyed leisurely around the table. But, that doesn’t mean we have to give up on that dream. Time around the dinner table is so important and delicious home-cooked food is just as important. So, let’s keep bringing old comforts back, but in a lighter, quicker to prepare and easier way for today’s families to enjoy that time together. This Crispy Lemon Pepper Chicken is fast, lightly breaded and so easy to make! Have your kids fighting for their spot at the dinner table this week with meals like this!
This chicken is made by mixing together some flour with a few seasonings and lightly coating some chicken thighs. Then get just a little olive oil in cast iron pan nice and hot and let the skin get crispy for a couple of minutes, deglaze with lemon juice and transfer to the oven to bake.
While the chicken is cooking, it’s a great time to prepare a couple of simple dishes. Great options for this meal would include:
- mashed cauliflower
- roasted carrots
- a tossed green salad
- wilted greens like spinach or collards
Get dinner on the table in about 30 minutes with less stress! And round up someone else to do the dishes 😉
Crispy Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs (bone in, skin on)
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons seasoned pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 lemon
- Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet over medium high heat
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Mix together flour and seasonings
- Dip each piece of chicken in flour mixture to lightly coat and shake off excess
- Place skin side down in heated skillet
- Let cook for 4-6 minutes until skin in browned and crispy
- Flip and let cook for 2 minutes before transferring to oven
- Squeeze 2 tablespoons of lemon juice over chicken
- Cook on lower rack in oven for 15-18 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees F
- Garnished with additional lemon slices if desired
Craving more delicious home-cooked meals without the stress? Be sure to check out our meal plan options!
Readers are emailing me all the time to let me know how much easier having delicious and easy recipes planned out for the week changes their lives!
Recipes like these delicious pork meatballs!
or Beef Enchilada Soup just to name a few of the options! Click here to learn more!