Once you see how easy and delicious this Instant Pot Spaghetti sauce is, you’ll never want to buy a jar of sauce again! Easy to customize, healthy and cooks in 10 minutes!
Is your family living an active lifestyle and rushing at dinnertime? This sauce cooks in just 10 minutes and is full of veggies!
This sauce has no added refined sugar, making it a healthy alternative to store-bought options.
The ingredients are inexpensive. You may even have most of them on hand!
You can customize this sauce with different seasonings to please even the pickiest of eaters.
Ingredients you’ll need…
- crushed tomatoes
- tomato paste
- diced tomatoes–use regular or fire roasted variety
- herb and garlic seasoning or customize your blend. Try Italian Seasoning, Herbs de Provence, or even add some spice with red pepper flakes. **Add salt if your blend doesn’t have any.**
- minced garlic
- chicken broth
How To Make Spaghetti Sauce in your Instant Pot:
This couldn’t be easier:
- Add all ingredients to Instant Pot, chicken broth on the bottom
- Seal and set to high pressure for 10 minutes
- Allow 10 minutes after cooking for the pressure to release naturally before turning valve to release remaining pressure
- Want a thicker sauce? If you use an immersion blender, it will smooth out the sauce and make it less chunky.
- Serve sauce over noodles, with meatballs, or with your favorite Italian dish.
Pro Tips For This Recipe:
Want your family to eat more veggies? Carrots, celery, and bell peppers make tasty additions to this sauce.
Why Does Sauce Burn In the Instant Pot:
You may see the “Burn” code come up. It’s probably because there isn’t enough liquid in the bottom of the pot to keep it from getting too hot. If the pot gets too hot from not having adequate liquid, it won’t be able to produce enough steam to pressurize.
How To Keep Sauce From Burning In the Instant Pot:
Make sure you have enough liquid (water, broth) in the bottom of the pot.
Liquids are what enables your Instant Pot to work– by building pressure. That pressure is what enables you to make yummy meals in a snap!
You should also check to make sure the sealing ring isn’t damaged or placed improperly. If it is, steam can escape and lead to overheating.
Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce
- 6 quart Instant Pot
- Add all ingredients to Instant Pot
- Add lid and seal and set to high pressure for 10 minutes
- Once cooking time has completed, allow 10 minutes for the pressure to release naturally before turning valve to release remaining pressure
- If desired, you can use an immersion blender to smooth out the sauce which will also help to thicken it
- Serve sauce over noodles, with meatballs or as desired
- regular or fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- Customize your seasoning blend - Italian, herbs de Provence, red pepper flakes
- Use immersion blender to make it thicker
- Add veggies--carrots, celery, bell peppers
- Add salt if your seasoning blend doesn't have any