No summer meal is complete without pasta salad! Whether you’re headed to a holiday BBQ or just a family dinner, this Southwest Pasta Salad will be the perfect addition to any meal!
I think one of my favorite things about pasta salad isn’t so much about originally serving it with a meal, but what I really go nuts for is having the leftovers. Is there anything better than having a tasty, hearty pasta salad in the fridge ready to go as a side for any meal, as a main dish with a little added protein like chicken or shrimp, or even as a quick snack when you get in from a busy summer day. In the heat of summer, sometimes a hot dinner is the last thing on your mind, so setting out some cold cuts, pasta salad and chips can make for the most fantastically satisfying meal. This Southwest Pasta Salad is one of my family favorites and goes a long way to taking your next BBQ to a new level of tasty!
Is orzo pasta or rice?
- orzo is a pasta that is shaped like rice
- it’s perfect for a summer pasta salad because it’s not quite as heavy or filling as regular pasta might be
- it cooks up quickly making this perfect for a last minute side dish even at the spur of the moment
Show up at any gathering with this and be the hit of the party!!
What goes into a pasta salad like this?
I find this to be the perfect blend of fresh taste and convenience. Canned tomatoes and beans as well as frozen corn keep it simple and greek yogurt and sour cream give it that tangy fresh flavor!
Some of my favorite dishes to pair with Southwest Pasta Salad:
- Air Fryer Potato Chip Chicken
- Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
- Raspberry Chipotle Shrimp Skewers
No summer meal is complete without pasta salad! Whether you're headed to a holiday BBQ or just a family dinner, this Southwest Pasta Salad will be the perfect addition to any meal!
- 12 ounces orzo pasta
- 15 ounces canned black beans
- 14 1/2 ounces canned fire-roasted diced tomatos
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon lime juice 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
Thaw frozen corn kernels
Cook orzo according to package directions then drain and cool completely
Drain black beans and tomatoes and add to pasta in large bowl along with corn (thawed)
Whisk together yogurt, sour cream, mayo, lime juice and milk
Pour over pasta and stir well
Stir in cilantro and enough salt and pepper to taste
Chill until ready to serve