These baked sweet potatoes are actually made in the air fryer! Super easy, no heating up the oven required and ready in a fraction of the time.
Finding a delicious and healthy side dish to serve with your meals can be a challenge. Either there’s a lot of prep work involved in chopping, or juggling the cook time is too much to deal with.
In comes sweet potatoes you make in the air fryer! Ready in less time than they take in the oven, and packed with nutrition, sweet potatoes make the perfect side dish for so many meals.
These sweet potatoes are coated on the skins in a tasty seasoning blend so that you can enjoy the whole potato, skin and all.
About the Sweet Potatoes….
I used sweet potatoes that were smaller, around 4 oz each. You can use 6 or 8 oz sweet potatoes if desired and increase cook time accordingly.
Final cook time will depend just a bit on what actual variety of sweet potatoes you use. Simply check the potatoes for doneness as you get closer to the end of cook time and adjust as needed.
How to Make Sweet Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Wash and scrub sweet potatoes
- Poke holes to let steam escape
- Rub with olive oil and seasoning
- Place in air fryer basket for designated time
- Flip once during cooking
- Check for doneness
Why I Love Sweet Potatoes
- they taste so good!
- high in fiber
- lots of nutrients including Vitamin A, calcium, B Vitamins and more
- a filling side dish
- goes well with lots of dishes
Serve Sweet Potatoes with:
Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- 1 pound sweet potatoes about 4 oz each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- wash and scrub potatoes and pierce with fork about 2 times on each side
- rub with olive oil and seasoning until well coated
- place in air fryer basket
- cook at 380 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes, flipping once, until fork tender