Instant Pot Spanish Rice
The easiest side dish for any of your Mexican inspired meals! This Instant Pot Spanish Rice has an 8 minute cook time for the easiest and most delicious rice! You’ll never used the packaged stuff again.
Want to ditch the so-so packets of Spanish rice you make to go with your favorite tacos? Making homemade Spanish rice may sound difficult, but this recipe is almost easier than the boxed stuff, and is SO much more delicious.
If you’re go to for an easy family dinner is tacos, then you’ll want to start making this rice to go with them. I’ve been making this recipe weekly at my house, and can attest that the hands on prep time is only about 5 minutes.
How to make Instant Pot Spanish Rice:
- Toast white rice in Instant Pot on sauté setting with oil for a few minutes
- Add dried seasonings
- Add tomato sauce and broth
- Cover and set the valve to seal
- Set to high pressure for 8 minutes
- Quick or natural pressure release and fluff rice before serving
What kind of rice do I use for Spanish Rice:
I’ve only tested this with long grain white rice. This yields a nice and fluffy result and the rice doesn’t stick together.
I have not tested this recipe with brown or instant rice. While I’m sure it would work, they would require time adjustments.
What to pair with this rice?
And to make it a meal, be sure to serve it up with some Mexican Street Corn Salad and Queso Blanco!
Instant Pot Spanish Rice
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Turn Instant Pot to saute and heat avocado oil
- Add rice and stir while letting toast for about 3-4 minutes
- Turn off Instant Pot and add remaining ingredients
- Add lid and set to seal
- Set to high pressure for 8 minutes (it will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure before it starts cooking)
- When cooking time is completed you can turn the valve for quick pressure release or allow for natural pressure release
- Fluff rice and stir to combine before serving
- rice is toasted when you can just start to smell a nutty aroma and the rice is not yet browned yet
- veggie broth can be subbed for chicken broth to make vegetarian
- if performing quick pressure release be sure to be mindful of the steam and don’t burn your fingers
Absolutely delicious and the perfect base for shredded anything, for salad bowls, or as a side for any Tex-Mex dishes. We loved it!