Are easy 5 ingredient meals that taste amazing your thing? Then you are in luck! These simple Easy Beef Enchiladas come together in minutes with a few surprising ingredients for a delicious dinner in under 30 minutes! Use up some of that homemade enchilada sauce you have in the freezer for an even more delicious meal!
We all know that enchiladas are an easy go to meal, but did you know that by adding a couple of ingredients you may not have considered can take them to an entirely different level? I love this recipe because it comes together in just minutes and since it only uses 5 ingredients, my shopping list is short! These easy beef enchiladas are made with ground beef and your favorite red sauce for a simple meal with minimal steps. To give them a new twist, I also added diced fresh jalapeños and a little cream cheese, so that every single bite will be delicious!
How do you make beef enchiladas in no time?
- use ground beef to allow you to cook up the filling quickly and get them into the oven
- use pre-made sauce or store bought to save time
- shred up a batch of cheese in advance so that you can assemble this quickly
Are authentic enchiladas made with corn or flour tortillas?
- corn is typically more traditional, but why not try flour too?
- flour tortillas work well in the recipe because they are thicker and hold up better to the filling
- this also helps make for a heartier meal!
What you’ll need to have on hand to make this recipe:
- enchilada sauce – homemade or store bought
- a skillet for browning up the meat
- a casserole dish for the oven
Add these deliciously creamy, little bit spicy and totally delicious beef enchiladas to your line-up and have an easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love!
Easy Beef Enchiladas
- 1 pound ground beef (93% lean)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 oz whipped cream cheese
- 8 taco sized flour tortillas (or 4 large burrito sized)
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 8 oz shredded cheese blend
- Add ground beef and diced jalapeño to skillet and cook while breaking apart with spatula until beef is cooked through and jalapeño is tender
- Stir in cream cheese until smooth, stir in about 1/4 cup enchilada sauce and remove from heat
- Add 1/2 - 1 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of casserole dish
- Divide filling among tortillas and add to casserole dish seam side down
- Top with remaining sauce and shredded cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until heated through and cheese has melted