Want to eat more veggies? Grab your air fryer and make my sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts for these tasty meal prep Spicy Sweet Potato Buddha Bowls!
What’s a Buddha bowl? While the name and Instagram photos be a fad, I think the recipes themselves are here to stay. Why? A Buddha bowl is like a one-bowl meal that’s filled with healthy and balanced ingredients.
In the sea of Buddha bowls I’m striving to create one that stands out for one simple reason. The ease of making it! Grab your air fryer and your Instant Pot for some basic meal prep that takes less than 30 minutes and gives you delicious meals for the entire week.
What goes in these Buddha bowls?
- Instant Pot Farro – I love using faro as the base for any “bowl” meal. It’s heartier than rice, has a ton more nutrition and the flavor and texture can’t be beat. Chewy and nutty, you’ll be satisfied with any meal that includes farro.
- Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts – a nutritional powerhouse combo, plus the texture and flavors pair perfectly. These are spiced up with a bit of chipotle powder, but feel free to customize!
- Sriracha Mayo – a little more spice and a whole lot of creamy. One of my favorite dressings/sauces of all time.
How to Build Your Spicy Sweet Potato Buddha Bowls:
- Start with about 1/2 cup cooked farro
- Layer on a huge helping of sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts
- Drizzle with sriracha mayo
- Dig in!
Yes it’s really that easy!
Can I make substitutions in the recipe?
Yes! Feel free to experiment and make it your own. That’s the beauty of a bowl.
If you don’t have farro, then you could use my Instant Pot Quinoa recipe instead.
If you don’t like sweet potatoes, how about you try just roasted Brussels sprouts.
Want more protein? Add grilled chicken!
Can I meal prep these bowls?
Yes, that’s the best part! Layer them in individual containers with just the farro and veggies.
They reheat quickly, then you can add some of the sriracha mayo and enjoy!
Love this recipe but not ready to make it? Make sure you Pin it to save it for later!
Once you make it, be sure to come back and leave a rating and comment below! I’d love to hear from you!
Spicy Sweet Potato Buddha Bowls
- Add 1/2 cup farro to bowl or container
- Top with heaping cup of sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts
- Drizzle with Sriracha mayo (hold for later if meal prepping for later)