Chipotle Sweet Potato Chili with Black Beans is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner and is dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan! Spicy, delicious and filling!
If you are as obsessed with sweet potatoes as I am, you are going to love this chili!! Who needs meat when you have heart chunks of potato and tasty black beans? Plus, that fire-roasted smoky tomato base with just the right amount of chipotle kick? You are going to love this Chipotle Sweet Potato Chili as a quick weeknight dinner and it’s even great for a Sunday football watching kind of day!
I just got a new dutch oven, and to be honest, I’m kind of obsessed! You may be seeing a lot of recipes to come from this gorgeous pan. If you’re slightly obsessed with the idea of a Le Creuset pan but just don’t want to shell out the bucks, may I recommend a much less expensive but still just as amazing option, a Lodge Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven!
Things you can make in a dutch oven (otherwise known as the things I’ve made so far):
- All kinds of chili (obviously!)
And so much more! Let me know if you want me to share more of my creations here using my dutch oven, or be sure to follow me on Instagram for my behind the scenes recipe creation.
I feel like this chili is one of those that’s perfect for making up a big batch and eating it all week. It seems to get even better the longer it sits because the flavors really just meld together. And since I know I have several Weight Watcher friends following along, I just calculated the points on the new Freestyle Smart Points program and it’s only 2 per serving! I’m thinking lunch prep!!
- 1/2 red onion minced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 jalapeños minced (remove ribs and seeds if you don’t want it to be spicy)
- 1 pound diced sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 14- ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salsa style diced tomatoes
- 28 oz canned crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Add olive oil to dutch oven and heat over medium high heat
- Add onion and jalapeños and saute for 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic and saute 1-2 more minutes
- Add 1 pound diced sweet potatoes and sauce for 6-8 minutes
- Add tomatoes, broth and seasonings and bring to a simmer
- Let simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender
- Add in beans and heat through for 2-3 minutes before serving
Freestyle Smart Points per Serving: 2
Craving more chili?
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Beer Chili
Or how about this unique Cincinnati Chili?