For a quick and satisfying dinner that won’t leave you feeling stuffed, try these simple Chicken Lettuce Wraps with pineapple and a delicious tangy sauce!
We all need those quick dinners that we can make when we want something lighter and healthier and don’t have a lot of time. It never feels good in those moments to run grab take-out when what we really wished for a dinner at home. I like recipes that are simple enough on their own for a perfectly filling meal, but that can also go with other dishes when you’ve got hungry teenagers to feed. These Chicken Lettuce Wraps are quick and simple and packed with delicious flavor. I like eating them as light lunch or dinner and my kids like them along side a batch of fried rice. Works out perfectly for us all!
All you need for this dinner is your favorite skillet and a few minutes time. When you get tired of the same old ground beef or chicken breast recipes, give ground chicken a try! When it’s cooked up along with a savory sweet sauce it takes boring dinners to delicious!
Pick out your favorite kind of lettuce, from crispy romaine to tender Bibb or butter and enjoy this dinner any night of the week! My favorite Teriyaki sauce is this PF Chang’s sauce that I found at Walmart. It’s fairly low in Smart Points as far as sauces go and not overly sweet!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound ground chicken breasts (99% fat free)
- 8 oz canned water chestnuts, chopped
- 8 oz canned pineapple chunks in 100% juice, drained
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 head lettuce (about 8-12 leaves)
- Cook ground chicken in skillet over medium high heat while breaking apart with spatula
- Add chopped water chestnuts and pineapple
- Mix together teriyaki sauce, vinegar and Sriracha and pour over chicken in skillet
- Heat through
- Serve on lettuce leaves
Freestyle Smart Points per Serving: 3
Looking for more quick skillet meal ideas?
These Teriyaki Shrimp Tacos are quick and delicious!
Or maybe this Pan Seared Halibut?