Jasmine Rice is the perfect fluffy and flavorful rice for so many meals and now making it is foolproof! This Instant Pot Jasmine Rice is so easy and quick and turns out just right every time.
Have you tried jasmine rice? It’s the perfect base or side for many meals because of it’s pleasant sweet aroma and sticky texture. Jasmine rice goes well with Asian style dishes as well as just about anything that pairs well with white rice.
For years, I’ve been making my rice in the rice cooker, but recently I decided to put my Instant Pot to the test. Surprisingly, I found that making rice in the Instant Pot is quicker, easier and even more foolproof than my rice cooker!
- jasmine rice
That’s it! You could cook it in broth if you prefer more flavor, and if desired, you can also add salt. But I don’t find either of these things necessary when making jasmine rice due to its inherent sweet aroma.
Should the Rice be Rinsed?
In this case, yes. I suggest rinsing the jasmine rice before cooking. It’s already a fairly sticky rice, and if you don’t’ rinse it, you could end up with a large ball of stuck together rice.
What is the Ratio of Jasmine Rice to Water:
To cook jasmine rice in the instant pot, you need a 1:1 ratio of rice to cups of liquid.
I used 2 cups of rice to 2 cups of water.
You could also substitute any broth (veggie, chicken, beef) for the water using the same ratio.
How to Cook Rice in the Instant Pot:
- The typical time for cooking jasmine rice in the Instant Pot on high pressure is 3-5 minutes
- I chose 4 minutes for the perfect texture (not to hard or soft)
- You can adjust up or down by 1 minute depending on your preferred texture
- Be sure to allow for a 10 minute natural pressure release before venting the Instant Pot
Note: natural pressure release means you don’t touch the pot after the cooking time is finished for the specified amount of time
Once the rice is done cooking, simply stir to fluff and it’s ready to serve! Jasmine rice goes perfectly with many dishes! Here are a few of my favorites!
Instant Pot Jasmine Rice
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 cups water
- Rice jasmine rice and drain well
- Add to Instant Pot along with water
- Cover and set valve to sealing
- Set to high pressure for 4 minutes (it will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure)
- Once cooking has completed allow for a 10 minute natural pressure release (don't touch for 10 minutes)
- Turn valve to release remaining pressure before removing lid
- Stir to fluff rice before serving
- feel free to sub broth for water in the same ratios
- don't skip rinsing as jasmine rice tends to be fairly sticky
- add up to 1/2 teaspoon salt if desired
- you can double or triple the recipe by maintaining a 1:1 rice and liquid ratio