Perfect for a quick dinner or for meal prep, this Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe is simple, easy to make and packed with tons of flavor. Have lunches for the entire week ready to go in under 30 minutes!
If you’re tired of the same old boring meals, it’s time to try this Meal Prep Egg Roll in a Bowl! Layers of jasmine rice, ground pork and carrots in a flavorful sauce, fresh crisp cabbage and topped off with a spicy Sriracha Mayo!
With all of these layers of goodness, it may sound complicated, but with a little planning, this meal will come together in no time.
Prep ahead the following recipes:
- Sriracha Mayo – this can be made up to 3 days in advance and used for other recipes as well such as these Sweet Potato Buddha Bowls.
- Instant Pot Jasmine Rice – the perfect versatile rice for just about any meal
How to Make the Sauce:
Start by whisking together the simple sauce ingredients and having it ready to go as you sauté the pork and carrots.
To make the sauce you’ll need:
- soy sauce
- rice vinegar
- Sriracha sauce
- ground ginger
How to Make the Filling:
- Sauté one pound of ground pork until cooked through and drain off any excess fat
- Add thin sliced carrots and continue sautéing until tender crisp
- Pour in sauce and stir
- Cook until heated through
Now it’s time to assemble the bowls! Start with a layer of the rice (about 1/2 – 1 cup per bowl).
Add some freshly shredded cabbage for nice crunch and that delicious and distinctive egg roll flavor (without having to fry anything!).
Layer on that flavorful meat and carrot blend! A good half a cup or more depending on how many servings you’d like to get out of it.
Drizzle with as much of that spicy mayo as desired and garnish with cilantro for even more freshness.
Can I Freeze Leftovers?
The rice and mayo will not freeze well, but you can freeze the leftover filling! Place in a freezer bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 3 month. Thaw and reheat in microwave to serve.
Can this Egg Roll Bowl be Prepped Ahead?
Yes! Prep ahead and then assemble the rice and meat in 4 containers.
Store mayo separately in a jar or container and store cabbage already shredded in an airtight bag or produce container.
Meal Prep Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Meal Prep Containers
- Mix together sauce ingredients and set aside
- Brown ground pork in skillet over medium high heat until cooked through and remove any excess fat
- Add carrots and saute until crisp tender
- Add sauce and heat through
- Serve by layering rice, cabbage, meat mixture and sauce
- nutrition info is calculated for the meat and cabbage mixture only
- store leftovers with just rice and meat in a container and keep mayo and cabbage separate
- leftover meat can be frozen in an airtight bag or container for up to 3 months