How do you cook salmon in the oven?
- overall it’s not much different than cooking salmon by another method
- choose one large or several smaller fillets
- leave the skin on
- brush the other side with an oil of your choice (I like avocado oil)
- choose a seasoning to sprinkle on (This simple blend is a favorite)
- place on parchment paper or foil for easy cleanup
How do you know when salmon is done cooking?
- salmon should cook to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F
- Fish flakes easily with a fork when it is done
- I ALWAYS recommend a food thermometer when cooking any type of meats to ensure no one get sick AND so that the meat never gets overdone
How long does it take to bake salmon?
- it will depend on the thickness of the filets you use – anywhere from 12-15 minutes for most
- this is why it’s important to use a meat thermometer to monitor and know right when it’s done
How to Bake Salmon in the Oven
- 2 pound salmon fillet or 6 individual fillets
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon seasoning blend see notes
- preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Line baking sheet with parchment or foil and place fish skin side down
- Brush with oil and sprinkle with seasoning
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until fish reaches internal temperature of 145 degrees F