What seasonings go best with chicken?
- my $.02 is, leave the blending of spices up to the professionals
- keep it simple and choose a delicious blend to save you time and money
- watch the ingredients for added salt so that you will know just what you are using
How do you cook chicken in a skillet?
- Use plenty of avocado oil – I prefer avocado oil because it’s smoke point is higher and doesn’t burn as fast
- Get it nice and hot to sear the chicken, then turn down the heat a bit
- Don’t move the chicken around to much, just flip once and if it’s stuck, hang on a minute because it’s just not done yet on that side (you don’t want to tear off and leave that nice crispy herb coating in the pan)
Lemon Basil Chicken
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat
- Season chicken with spices
- Add to skillet and sauté for 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken is fully cooked
- Add garlic and lemon juice and continue to saute for 2 minutes
- Remove from heat and serve over brown rice and top with slivered basil or as desired