Chicken should be delicious, healthy and simple to make but never boring! This amazing lemon basil chicken checks all the boxes for a quick and tasty dinner you could enjoy tonight!
A dinner my kids will eat without complaint? Yep, I call that a huge win! I know it sounds cliche, but seriously, the dinner time battle around here can be epic. And not because I’m a softy or that I give in and make chicken nuggets, but because my 7 year old can be an immovable object. She holds strong and steady in her distaste for certain foods and there is zero budging. Her will power is truly impressive. But this Lemon Basil Chicken? She ate it! Zero complaints and maybe even a few compliments.
What seasonings go best with chicken?
- my $.02 is, leave the blending of spices up to the professionals
- keep it simple and choose a delicious blend to save you time and money
- watch the ingredients for added salt so that you will know just what you are using
Here are my two favorite herb and garlic seasonings that go with just about everything. Thankfully, I can usually find one or the other at just about any grocery store I’m at.
How do you cook chicken in a skillet?
- Use plenty of avocado oil – I prefer avocado oil because it’s smoke point is higher and doesn’t burn as fast
- Get it nice and hot to sear the chicken, then turn down the heat a bit
- Don’t move the chicken around to much, just flip once and if it’s stuck, hang on a minute because it’s just not done yet on that side (you don’t want to tear off and leave that nice crispy herb coating in the pan)
Lemon Basil Chicken
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat
- Season chicken with spices
- Add to skillet and sauté for 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken is fully cooked
- Add garlic and lemon juice and continue to saute for 2 minutes
- Remove from heat and serve over brown rice and top with slivered basil or as desired