What is the best cucumber to eat for this salad?I prefer to use English cucumber, which (as I’ve recently learned) are also known by several other names including hothouse, seedless or burpless. They have a nice thin edible skin and minimal soggy seeds in the middle, making them perfect for this salad.I also specify grape tomatoes in this salad.
Are cherry and grape tomatoes the same?Nope. Grape tomatoes are about half the size and meatier, so they won’t be watery and mushy in your salad, which would just not be super appealing.
How do you make cucumber tomato salad?
- quarter and slice cucumber
- quarter or halve tomatoes
- toss with olive oil, salt and pepper
Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Remove ends from cucumber and slice lengthwise into quarters, then slice into quarter inch thick pieces
- Quarter tomatoes (or halve if they are small)
- Toss in bowl with oil, salt and pepper
- Serve immediately or cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 2 days