Nothing tastes more like summer than delicious sweet corn! I’ve got some simple tricks to make the most delicious Avocado Corn Salsa perfect for a summer meal or even for that delicious summer flavor year round!
Let’s chat about the salsa/salad/put it on everything dish I make all summer long! You need a simple recipe like this in your life for when you need to top tacos, serve guests with some chips for dipping or take something along to a BBQ. This Avocado Corn Salsa is so easy to make and will even keep a day or so in the fridge if you have leftovers (unlikely). I love how quick and easy it is to make, and I keep frozen corn on hand just for this. Just a few other ingredients and you are on your way to your favorite treat of the summer.
Who doesn’t love a perfectly ripe avocado? How did I luck out and get one this perfect. It rarely happens that way, but the good news is that you can now get frozen avocado chunks which also work perfectly to make this salsa. So far, I found the frozen ones at Walmart and Costco although I’m sure many other grocery stores carry them as well.
What can I serve with this fresh salsa?
The options are kind of endless really! Here are a few of my favorite suggestions:
- just serve it up with tortilla chips
- On top of barbacoa
- On your favorite chicken tacos
- Use the leftovers to top your salad!
Avocado Corn Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweet corn kernels thawed
- 2 avocados diced into chunks
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeño ribs and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup diced shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- Toss all ingredients gently and let set for at least 5 minutes before serving
- Store leftovers for up to a day tightly covered in fridge