Use your leftover grilled chicken thighs and leftover corn salsa on top of fresh crisp romaine lettuce for the easiest entree dinner salad you can make! This Grilled Chicken Taco Salad will be a new favorite.One thing I don’t love is having to cook an entire new meal every night and other thing I don’t love is wasting leftovers. This Grilled Chicken Taco Salad is a solution to both of these problems! It uses leftover grilled chicken and leftover corn salsa along with crisp greens to create an quick and delicious meal perfect for those nights were you want a fresh and healthy meal but don’t have a lot of time or energy. Plus, you can use up the leftovers from earlier in the week and you’ll tackle cleaning out the fridge at the same time!
Let’s just talk about these grilled chicken thighs for just a quick minute. I know I did a whole post about them, but seriously, make them if you are not convinced already. Look at all the amazing delicious things you can make with them!
From grilled chicken street tacos to this delicious salad and way beyond, they are so worth a few minutes of your time to make up ahead and have on hand for easy meals.
Even with the avocado this really does keep in the fridge for a day or two as long as it’s covered tightly because of all the lime juice.
Other notes about this Grilled Chicken Taco Salad:
- You could make it a greek salad or pretty much any kind of salad you wanted depending on how you flavored your chicken and what kind of dressing you use
- speaking of dressing, I went for Litehouse Ranch, but you can choose any dressing you like
- one more note about dressing just because I think it’s important, choose a high quality with minimal ingredients. Usually the ones you can buy in the cooler case in the produce section are good options
- I love a nice crisp romaine with this salad, it holds up well even if you want to heat up your chicken
Okay, one last dressing note, if you want to make your own, I have a jalapeño ranch dressing that is soooo good, so if you have the time/motivation, give it a try!
Grilled Chicken Taco Salad
- Add lettuce, chicken and salsa to a bowl. Toss with ranch dressing as desired.