Whether you need a simple fresh side dish, something to dip your chips in or something to put on your tacos, this Corn Salsa will quickly become your new favorite go-to recipe. Easy, tasty and totally refreshing!
If you put me on the spot and asked me my most often made recipe, I might first think of my favorite dinners like turkey meatloaf or tacos. But really, I think this corn salsa is most likely the winner. Why? Because this corn salsa goes with pretty much everything. And it makes everything a whole lot better. With simple ingredients and practically zero prep, you can throw this together anytime, including when you have last minute guests. It’s sure to impress and it’s sure to disappear because everyone is going to love it.
I think it’s important to have a few of those special recipes on hand, you know, the ones that you usually have the ingredients on hand, you can make it without looking up the recipe each time, and your family loves it and your friends are impressed by it. My husband and son kind of go nuts when they see me making this, and I practically have to beat them away with a spoon because I’m in danger of them eating it all before the rest of the meal is even ready.
Secrets for making my corn salsa (aka why mine is different)
- use frozen sweet corn – it’s zero work in comparison to cutting fresh corn off the cob, and if you find a brand you love you know it will be consistent and you can specifically get sweet corn which is so important to this recipe.
- use grape tomatoes – it’s easy to halve or quarter them quickly and you will have much less liquid and seeds than from other types of tomatoes.
- avocados – you now have a couple of options. You can, of course, get regular avocados, but I’ve recently found frozen chopped avocados at Walmart and I’ve been buying them lately with great results!
Corn Salsa goes with:
- Smoked tri-tip, steak or other meats
- in tacos
- on salads
- with chips
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn thawed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 large avocado chopped (or use frozen chunks, thawed)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Toss together thawed corn, quartered tomatoes, cilantro and chunks of avocado with lime juice
Add salt and pepper to taste