Secrets for making my corn salsa (aka why mine is different)
- use frozen sweet corn – it’s zero work in comparison to cutting fresh corn off the cob, and if you find a brand you love you know it will be consistent and you can specifically get sweet corn which is so important to this recipe.
- use grape tomatoes – it’s easy to halve or quarter them quickly and you will have much less liquid and seeds than from other types of tomatoes.
- avocados – you now have a couple of options. You can, of course, get regular avocados, but I’ve recently found frozen chopped avocados at Walmart and I’ve been buying them lately with great results!
Corn Salsa goes with:
- Smoked tri-tip, steak or other meats
- in tacos
- on salads
- with chips
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn thawed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 large avocado chopped (or use frozen chunks, thawed)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss together thawed corn, quartered tomatoes, cilantro and chunks of avocado with lime juice
- Add salt and pepper to taste