The snack that is also hearty enough to be a meal! Delicious Carne Asada Fries are topped with homemade queso blanco dip plus my an easy guacamole and tender carne asada for a dish that can be served up at a tailgate party or for dinner!
Is there anything better than a crispy plate of fries with all your favorite toppings? If so, I can’t think of it at the moment because all I can think about is digging into more of the cheesy goodness that comes along with these amazing Carne Asada Fries! And yes, I used a bag of frozen fries because I’m not totally crazy ;). There’s only so much time in a day and if we are making homemade cheese sauce and guac, the fries can come from a bag. If you need a recommendation on some good ones, Alexia never disappoints.
What is the best meat for carne asada?
- usually skirt steak but flank steak is another great option
- carne asada basically means grilled meat, like the recipe I shared a while back, but if you need something even easier, I also have what I like to call my cheater version that I make in the slow cooker
When should you serve carne asada fries?
- I think that’s a trick question, because the correct answer would be anytime!
- perfect for a football watch party
- great for a potluck or other weekend gathering of friends or family
- awesome for a weeknight dinner because life should be fun no matter if you have to work tomorrow or not!
Serve up with a margarita these become such a treat!!
Carne Asada Fries
- Cook fries according to package directions until crispy
- Top with cheese, meat and guacamole and serve immediately