What you’ll need for cooking bacon in the oven:
- a rimmed baking sheet with plenty of room for catching the grease. Like to make lots of bacon? Get an extra large sheet pan!
- thick cut bacon
A few more tips to note when cooking bacon in the oven:
- Start with a cold oven. Put the bacon right in and it will start to cook as it comes to temperature.
- Keep a close eye on the oven while cooking. Remember, you are going to end up with a lot of very hot grease so you’ll need to be extremely careful not to get burned or to spill grease.
- Flip the bacon over once (use tongs) during cooking to get the most even cook possible.
How to Make Bacon in the Oven
- 1 pound thick sliced bacon
- Cover deep rimmed baking sheet with foil
- Place bacon in a single layer on baking sheet
- Place in cold oven and turn oven on to 400 degrees F
- Keep a close eye on bacon and flip over at about 10-15 minutes to finish cooking on bottom side
- Total time will be about 20 minutes depending on thickness of bacon
- VERY carefully remove bacon from baking sheet and place on paper towels to drain before serving
Important notes when making bacon in the oven:
- Be careful!! There will be a lot of very hot grease
- Use tongs to avoid getting hands to close to the hot grease
- Make twice as much as you think you'll need. This is so good that people will keep coming back for more!!