The ultimate easy and healthy meal that the whole family will love! One Pan Chicken and Veggies is perfect for a quick weeknight meal or just as amazing for meal prep!
While a delicious casserole or a warm and comforting soup are pretty much always welcome dinner options, sometimes you just really crave some good protein and veggies. Whether for a simple dinner or some easy meal prep, making chicken and veggies on a sheet pan is a quick way to cook up a delicious meal. This one pan chicken and veggies is seasoned up with a simple blend of my favorite spices and includes tender baby potatoes, crisp fresh green beans and my personal favorite, roasted butternut squash. I love serving this up with a crisp wedge salad for a healthy and hearty meal.
How do I cook chicken and vegetables?
You will want to grab a couple of seasonings that complement each other but also go well with both the chicken and variety of veggies you choose. I love seasoning blends that are an all-in-one so that I don’t have to drag out a million bottles and try to figure out how much of each to use.
Then everything gets tossed with oil, seasoned up and goes on the sheet pan!
How do you bake chicken and veggies?
I don’t know about you, but I don’t like a lot of fuss. So when it comes to a sheet pan meal I do my best to keep it simple. I place it all on the sheet pan and into the oven at the same time.
A few tips so that your one pan chicken and veggies will cook evenly….
- get thinner cut chicken breasts so that they will cook fast. Chicken tenderloins also work well
- Cut heartier and slower cooking veggies like potatoes into smaller bite sized pieces
- Leave any quicker cooking veggies in larger chunks so they will take a little longer
- Keep an eye on things and remove anything that is done early so it doesn’t burn
And feel free to mix up any veggies combos if you want to try something new or don’t like any I’ve used here.
Other delicious veggie options:
- brussels sprouts
- sweet potatoes
One Pan Chicken and Veggies
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 oz fresh green beans ends removed
- 16 oz baby potatoes halved
- 12 oz butternut squash cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all purpose seasoning blend
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil
- Season chicken and veggies with desired amount of all purpose seasoning
- Add chicken and veggies to sheet pan in single layer
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until chicken reaches internal temp of 165 degrees and veggies are tender