The perfect quick and easy meal! With a slightly spicy sauce these Raspberry Chipotle Shrimp Skewers can be cooked on the grill or in your favorite pan for a quick weeknight dinner.How about we just call this the easiest dinner on the planet?! My kids adore shrimp and judging by the fact that within less than 3 minutes from when I set this on the table they were fighting over the last piece I’d say this recipe was a huge success. The fact it only took me a few minutes to make was the icing on the cake! When my kids eat this well and the work for me is minimal it quickly becomes a recipe on regular and frequent rotation at our house. It’s perfect for a light summer dinner or to accompany another main course like some grilled ribeye.
What kind of grill to I need to make Raspberry Chipotle Shrimp Skewers?
- Fire up your favorite outdoor grill – charcoal, gas or wood-fired will all work!
- If you don’t have an outdoor grill an indoor grill like this Cuisinart I use works amazingly well.
- Even a grill pan will work! Just get it all nice and hot and these shrimp will cook up in a matter of about 6-8 minutes.
Simple steps to make Raspberry Chipotle Shrimp Skewers:
- Skewer the shrimp
- Brush them lightly with a bit of olive or canola oil
- Sprinkle a bit of basic BBQ seasoning on them
- Whisk together the 3-ingredient sauce
- Grill the shrimp, brush with sauce and serve!
Couldn’t be easier right?
Serve with additional sauce for dipping if desired and watch the shrimp disappear before your eyes!
Need more quick and easy shrimp recipe? How about this amazing gumbo?!!
The perfect quick and easy meal! With a slightly spicy sauce these Raspberry Chipotle Shrimp can be cooked on the grill or in your favorite pan for a quick weeknight dinner.
- 12 oz large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon BBQ seasoning
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/2 tablespoon adobo sauce from can of chipotle peppers
- Soak 4-6 wooden skewers for at least 10 minutes in water to prevent burning
- Skewer shrimp allowing enough space for each piece to lay fully on the grill
- Brush lightly with oil and sprinkle evenly with seasoning
- In separate bowl whisk together BBQ sauce, raspberry preserves and adobo sauce
- Preheat grill to about 400 - 450 degrees
- Place shrimp on grill for about 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through
- Brush with BBQ sauce blend and let sit on grill for another minute or so on each side to heat through and caramelize
- Remove from grill and serve with remaining BBQ sauce if desired