The perfect quick and easy meal! With a slightly spicy sauce these Raspberry Chipotle Shrimp Skewers can be cooked on the grill or in your favorite pan for a quick weeknight dinner.How about we just call this the easiest dinner on the planet?! My kids adore shrimp and judging by the fact that within less than 3 minutes from when I set this on the table they were fighting over the last piece I’d say this recipe was a huge success. The fact it only took me a few minutes to make was the icing on the cake! When my kids eat this well and the work for me is minimal it quickly becomes a recipe on regular and frequent rotation at our house. It’s perfect for a light summer dinner or to accompany another main course like some grilled ribeye.
What kind of grill to I need to make Raspberry Chipotle Shrimp Skewers?
- Fire up your favorite outdoor grill – charcoal, gas or wood-fired will all work!
- If you don’t have an outdoor grill an indoor grill like this Cuisinart I use works amazingly well.
- Even a grill pan will work! Just get it all nice and hot and these shrimp will cook up in a matter of about 6-8 minutes.
Simple steps to make Raspberry Chipotle Shrimp Skewers:
- Skewer the shrimp
- Brush them lightly with a bit of olive or canola oil
- Sprinkle a bit of basic BBQ seasoning on them
- Whisk together the 3-ingredient sauce
- Grill the shrimp, brush with sauce and serve!
Raspberry Chipotle Shrimp Skewers
- 12 oz large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon BBQ seasoning
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/2 tablespoon adobo sauce from can of chipotle peppers
- Soak 4-6 wooden skewers for at least 10 minutes in water to prevent burning
- Skewer shrimp allowing enough space for each piece to lay fully on the grill
- Brush lightly with oil and sprinkle evenly with seasoning
- In separate bowl whisk together BBQ sauce, raspberry preserves and adobo sauce
- Preheat grill to about 400 - 450 degrees
- Place shrimp on grill for about 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through
- Brush with BBQ sauce blend and let sit on grill for another minute or so on each side to heat through and caramelize
- Remove from grill and serve with remaining BBQ sauce if desired