Making steak in a slow cooker may sound unusual, but once you try this delicious Slow Cooker Steak Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing you’ll be making it for dinner again and again!
It’s not too often I crave a salad, but every once-in-a-while the crunch of crispy fresh lettuce calls my name. But if I’m going to have a salad, I want it to be a whopper of a salad. Nothing wimpy with mediocre dressing, sad veggies or morning dressing. What I need is a lot of crunch, a simple and creamy homemade dressing and a big ‘ole piece of juicy steak. Now that’s a salad that can be a meal! This Slow Cooker Steak Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing will not only satisfy every salad for dinner craving you’ve ever had, it is also so easy to make you’ll find this dinner being a regular in your weekly rotation.
I know when you saw slow cooker salad you probably either scratched your head or rolled your eyes. But seriously! Put the steak in the slow cooker before the day gets started and come home to perfectly cooked meat that you can put atop your crispy salad fixing.
This is actually one of the juiciest most flavorful ways to make a steak. I like using a skirt steak here because it turns out fall-apart-tender. I like to make it in my casserole slow cooker just because of the way it fits perfectly, but you could also fold it over and add it to a regular slow cooker as well.
Now, of course, no salad is complete without dressing and I can’t recommend enough that you should make it yourself. It’s so simple to do in just minutes and tastes so very good.
Here’s how the layers of this salad go:
- crispiest lettuce you can find
- juicy grape tomatos
- sweet corn
- creamy avocado
- flavorful steak
- crispy onions
- fresh homemade dressing
Slow Cooker Steak Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 2 pound skirt steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 2 heads romaine hearts chopped
- 2 ears corn kernels removed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 4-5 baby sweet peppers. sliced
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- salt to taste
- Rub steak with olive oil and steak seasoning
- Place in slow cooker and cover
- Cook on low for about 8 hours or until tender
- Remove and let cool slightly, slice or pull apart with forks
- Toss veggies in large bowl and top with steak
- In food processor or blender, add yogurt, cilantro and lime juice, blend until smooth
- Add salt to taste
- Drizzle salad with dressing and toss