Did you know you can use your air fryer to make delicious grilled cheese?! Such a fun and easy way to make a quick lunch for kids or an awesome side to serve up with a Instant Pot Tomato Soup.
- Using deli sliced American cheese and fresh sliced sourdough this grilled cheese is a step-up from the grilled cheese your mom used to make when you were a kid!
- I love adding a little garlic powder to my butter spread to add even more flavor.
- This sandwich cooks up quickly and is nice and crisp from the air fryer without the soggy buttery mess that sometimes comes from frying.
- Instead of using the sliced and wrapped American cheese from the cooler case, head to the deli and grab some high quality fresh sliced cheese
- If you don’t care for sourdough, feel free to swap out for another variety of bakery fresh bread
- Butter the outside of the bread and sandwich the cheese inside on the non-butter part
- Add to air fryer in single layer and cook at 360 degrees for 5-7 minutes and make sure you flip it once
- Turn the air fryer up to 400 degrees and cook a few more minutes to crisp it up
- Always monitor air fryer closely when cooking
- A 5.8 quart or larger air fryer
- You could always swap out the American cheese for other melty varieties like Gouda or cheddar
How To Store Leftovers
- Let cool completely then store in air tight containers in fridge up to 3 days, reheat in air fryer to serve
- Serve this up with a steaming bowl of Instant Pot Tomato Soup.
Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
Serve this up with a steaming bowl of Instant Pot Tomato Soup.Print Pin Rate Add to Menu Plan Go to Menu Plan
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices American cheese
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Stir garlic powder into butter
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with 1-2 teaspoons of butter
- Layer one slice of cheese on each non-buttered side
- Stack two slices of bread with the cheese sandwiched between and place in air fryer basket
- Cook at 360 degrees for 5-7 minutes, flipping once
- Turn air fryer up to 400 degrees and cook an additional 2-4 minutes until desired brown and crispness achieved
- Let cool slightly before cutting in half
- Use other easy-melting cheese varieties: Gouda, cheddar
- Cool completely, store in air-tight containers in fridge up to 3 days, reheat in air fryer to serve
Calories: 627kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 1459mg | Potassium: 219mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 747IU | Calcium: 495mg | Iron: 5mg