The easiest lasagna you’ll ever make in your life! This lasagna requires only 4 ingredients and takes only 5 minutes to cook in the Instant Pot!
Chances are you’re like me, and need quick and easy recipes on hand that can be made in minutes! After a long day at work or running kids to activities, a homemade meal that only takes you a few minutes of prep time is a life saver. This Instant Pot Lasagna checks all the boxes:
- You can assemble in less than 10 minutes and it cooks in only 5 minutes
- It’s a great family friendly meal and the kids especially love all the cheesy goodness
- You can add cooked meat or chopped veggies if desired to up the heartiness or you can just keep it simple with the cheese
Ingredients Needed for Instant Pot Lasagna:
- dried noodles – I haven’t tried this with the oven ready noodles but my guess is they would get mushy. I recommend using the regular dried wavy noodles
- ricotta cheese
- marinara sauce – I recommend using something high quality with a lot of flavor since it will be the star of the show
- shredded mozzarella – I prefer the finely shredded mozzarella as it will melt much quicker easier since we are adding at the end
How to make lasagna in the Instant Pot:
- You’ll need a little water on the bottom and on the top to help everything cook properly – I divided it half and half
- I created three layers by breaking apart 4 noodles for each layer and topping with ricotta and sauce
- The top layer will have noodles and sauce only so that the ricotta stays sandwiched in the middle
- If you add meat or veggies, make sure they are cooked first and then you can add them with the ricotta layer (spinach will not need to be cooked first)
Do I cook the noodles first?
Nope! That’s the beauty. If you made this in the oven, it would take so much longer and add so many steps.
When making in the Instant Pot, simply add the dry noodles. The general rule is that when making pasta in the pressure cooker, you set the cook time for half of the time needed to boil the noodles.
A few cooking notes:
- After the cooking time has completed, be sure to allow 10 minutes for a natural pressure release. This means you will not touch the pot for 10 minutes. This will ensure you don’t get burned from spewing hot marinara sauce
- After this time you can turn the valve to release remaining pressure
- The lasagna will appear very watery when you open the lid. This is how it should look. You will then add the shredded cheese and let everything sit with the lid off for at least 10 more minutes. The lasagna will firm up.
- Use a sturdy metal serving tool to remove in pieces from Instant Pot
For more Instant Pot pasta recipes… try my Instant Pot Sneaky Veggie Spaghetti.
Serve with my Wedge Salad as a tasty side dish!
Instant Pot Lasagna
- 12 dried lasagna noodles
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups water
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Add 1 cup of water to bottom of Instant Pot
- Break 4 of the noodles into 2-3 pieces each and layer in the bottom
- Top with 1/2 of the ricotta cheese and then with about 1/2 cup of the marinara
- Repeat the noodle, ricotta and marinara layers
- Top with final 4 broken noodles and remaining marinara
- Cover, seal and set to high pressure for 5 minutes
- Allow 10 minute natural pressure release then turn valve to release remaining pressure
- Remove lid, top with shredded mozzarella and let set for 10 minutes before serving
- Instant Pot will take 10-15 minutes to come to pressure, about 5 minutes to cook and 10 minutes to allow for natural pressure release. Hands on cooking time for this recipe is about 10 minutes.
- I made this in a 6 quart pressure cooker
- Lasagna will appear very watery after cooking. Let stand with lid off for at least 10 minutes before serving to allow it to firm up.