You don’t have to be vegan to enjoy this meatless lasagna! Chock full of savory butternut squash and mushrooms with a creamy indulgent sauce, this is seriously the best vegan lasagna, if not the best ever lasagna you will make!
I was skeptical but determined when I set out to make a vegan lasagna that would be packed with nutrition but still taste indulgent and delicious. Thankfully it all worked out and I ended up with the best vegan lasagna that is easy to make and so tasty! I used to shy away from making lasagna because I thought it was too much work, but it’s really pretty simple and I love that you have so many options to customize it to your own taste. To give it that contrasting tomato sauce and creaminess, I created an easy vegan Alfredo sauce to make up for the lack of ricotta cheese. To be honest, this might be the way I make all of my lasagna from here on out!
Important Tips for Making The Best Vegan Lasagna:
- use oven ready lasagna noodles to skip the extra boiling and draining step, who has time for that?!
- Use a high quality marinara sauce, don’t skimp on this!
- Use more sauce than you think you’ll need, don’t forget this will also cook the noodles
- Use your favorite all purpose or Italian seasoning on the veggies, they deserve extra flavor
Basic Workflow for Making this Easy Vegan Lasagna:
- Sauté the veggies
- Make the vegan Alfredo sauce
- Assemble and bake
- Let rest
- Cut and serve
Don’t forget you can always make this vegan lasagna up ahead of time and bake after work OR make a large batch and heat up leftovers throughout the week! Isn’t lasagna awesome? And by packing it full of extra veggies, it just that much better! Serve it up with a tossed salad and some soft bread for a complete meal.
Want to add a few more veggies? This would be amazing served up with my Chipotle Roasted Brussels sprouts!
Want custom vegan meal plans? I’ve got those! Check out my weekly meal plans!
The Best Vegan LasagnaPrint Pin Rate Add to Menu Plan Go to Menu Plan
- 16 oz oven ready lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound cubed butternut squash
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups cashew milk plain, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 48 oz tomato basil marinara sauce
- 6 oz vegan shredded cheese
- Heat olive oil in skillet and add butternut squash
- Saute for 6-8 minutes and then add 1/4 cup water and let cook until tender and water is evaporated
- Add mushrooms and seasoning blend and continue to cook until softened
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Melt vegan butter in sauce pan
- Add flour and whisk until smooth
- Slowly pour in cashew milk while whisking
- Add nutritional yeast, garlic powder and salt and simmer until thickened
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Assemble in a 9x13 casserole dish by adding 1 1/2 cups of marinara to bottom of dish. Layer with 4-5 noodles, 1/2 of the Alfredo, 1/2 of the filling, and 1 cup of marinara. Repeat.
- Top with noodles and remaining marinara, cover with foil and bake at 375 for 45-60 minutes
- Remove foil, add vegan cheese and bake until melted
- Let rest for 15 minutes before slicing