When you need a quick and easy dinner that’s totally customizable for each member of the family, how about this Quick & Easy Healthy Taco Bowl? Full of delicious flavors and quick to throw together when you’re rushed to make dinner!
Who doesn’t love a good meal in a bowl? Customizable to every member of the family, easy to assemble and full of delicious things! I personally love these taco bowls because I can add more veggies to my liking, my kids can top theirs with plenty of cheese and my husband can fill his up with meat and sour cream and we can all be happy at dinner time. These Quick & Easy Healthy Taco Bowls use my homemade taco seasoning for amazing flavor that you can always have on hand as well as frozen potatoes and cauliflower rice for quick prep.
How to make taco bowls healthier?
- instead of regular rice, use cauliflower rice! I actually prefer the texture and flavor of cauliflower rice these days!
- Add roasted veggies too! I chose sweet potatoes, but butternut squash or any hearty veggie will do
- skip the cheese! These have so much flavor, they hardly need it. Some salsa, a drizzle of dressing or dollop of sour cream will be plenty to garnish your bowl
- Top with other fresh veggies, like some heirloom tomatoes or grape tomatoes
What if I don’t have any taco seasoning?
- no worries! My homemade version is even tastier and chances are you have the ingredients in your pantry!
- you could mix up the flavors any way you want to try new bowl combos! Think fajita, herb and garlic, the options are really endless!
What if my kids won’t eat the veggies?
- Such a common dilemma!
- Set all the veggies out buffet style and let the kids make their own bowls. They may be more likely to try them if they make the bowls themselves.
- Add some veggies you know they will eat, even if its something like corn along with the other veggies. The more times you offer it, the more likely they are to try.
Quick & Easy Healthy Taco Bowls
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons water
- 12 oz frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 12 oz frozen cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- Heat ground beef in skillet and brown until cooked through, breaking apart with spatula or hamburger chopper
- Add taco seasoning and water and heat through, stirring to distribute evenly until water cooks off
- Heat cauliflower in microwave according to package directions
- Heat sweet potatoes in skillet with avocado oil until heated through and lightly browned
- Assemble bowls and top with fresh cilantro, sour cream, ranch dressing, salsa or as desired