No need in pretending these are mashed potatoes! This Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower is so good and tasty that it will make an even better side dish for many of your favorite family meals!
Want an easier way to get your family to eat their veggies? The answer is mashed cauliflower! I know a lot of people like to pretend these are potatoes, but my family honestly loves mashed cauliflower for what it is!! My daughter actually prefer this over potatoes. It’s delicious! Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower is so easy and quick to make and it is a good pairing for many main dishes, like turkey meatloaf (my favorite). Just some fresh cauliflower and a few other simple ingredients and you can make this side dish up in no time.
Is cauliflower healthier than potatoes?
Nope. Not in my opinion, but of course, I’m not a nutritionist. But from a regular everyday cooking perspective, both have their place in most diets. They each offer different vitamins and minerals. How you prepare them will impact the final nutritional outcome of each as well.
How do you cook cauliflower for mashed cauliflower?
- You can boil it or steam it, but to preserve the nutritional content I prefer steaming
- If you have an Instant Pot it makes quick and easy work of steaming cauliflower
- You can buy it already prepared and ready to cook at most grocery stores or prepare it yourself very quickly
To make mashed cauliflower in the Instant Pot you will need:
Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower goes perfectly with:
Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower
- 2 pound cauliflower head
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Wash cauliflower and remove stem, breaking florets into large bit sized pieces
- Place chicken broth in bottom of Instant Pot and add steamer basket and cauliflower florets
- Cover, seal and set to high pressure for 3 minutes
- Perform quick release and carefully remove cauliflower to a large bowl
- Add 1/2 of the cream and all of the parmesan and blend until smooth, adding additional cream as needed to reach desired consistency
- Add salt to taste and give it another mix before serving