What do I use for chili cheese fries? Do chili cheese fries have meat?There may be plenty of fast food places where you can grab some chili cheese fries, but the point here is to use up your own favorite leftover homemade chili to make yet another delicious meal. Meat or meatless, you won’t go wrong.I’ve got several chili recipes on my site, and any one of these would work perfectly for this!
- Healthy Chili Recipe
- The Best IPA Beer Chili
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Chili with Black Beans
- Smoky Chicken Chili
What are the best toppings to use for chili cheese fries?My advice, keep it simple. You can always go with a cheese sauce, but really a nice shredded cheese works perfectly and is so much easier. I like a sharp cheddar for tons of flavor, but a milder cheese would be great too.Don’t forget some sour cream and maybe a garnish of some fresh chopped cilantro. And, if you are ever in a bind and really want that fresh cilantro flavor but don’t have any on hand, Litehouse Freeze-Dried Cilantro.
Chili Cheese Fries
- 16 oz frozen potato wedges or home fries
- 3 cups leftover chili
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Cook fries according to package directions (I like to add a little extra seasoned salt or other seasoning blend if fries are plain, this is optional)
- Reheat chili to piping hot
- Serve fries topped with chili, cheese, sour cream and cilantro